As part of the Accountable Care Act, the government allowed health care providers to align in a structure, an ACO, that would be accountable for quality, cost, and overall care of Medicare patients. More recently, employers have also become interested in this structure which has been named a Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) which delivers improved quality at a lower cost for patients.
Roper St. Francis Health Alliance is strategically positioned to meet the objectives of healthcare reform while providing accountable care to the population we serve.
The purpose of RSF Health Alliance is to be:
- A vehicle to coordinate care across providers
- A platform to share patient information
- An integrator for patients, providing consistent access points and navigation within the system
- A method to effectively link elements of the care continuum (physician office, outpatient care, inpatient care, home care, long-term care)
- A tool to participate in contracts designed to improve quality while controlling cost by:
- Sharing the value created through performance improvements with health plans and among network participants
- Creating a vehicle for participating in value-based contracting initiatives with commercial and government payers.